Clarksville Christmas Parade
Date & TIME
Saturday, December 7, 2019
The parade begins at Austin Peay and runs through Historic Downtown Clarksville.
Businesses, non-profits, and community groups are all encouraged to participate in the parade!
Parade Day Check-in
1:30 to 3:30 PM at Burt Elementary
Available online soon!
- Business/Commercial: $30 entry fee plus $25 unwrapped toy or non-perishable food. Limited to two vehicles per entry.
- Civic/Church: $25 unwrapped toy or non-perishable food
- City/County Offices: $25 unwrapped toy or non-perishable food
Awards will be presented to 1st through 3rd place winners in each division. Judging will take place from 3:30 to 4:15 PM. Winners will be acknowledged as they pass the judges stand on Public Square.
This is the minimum requirement to participate; as a rule, more is better!
- Floats must have a minimum of 1,000 lights
- Vehicles must have 250 lights
- Horses and Motorcycles must have 100 lights each
- Walkers must have 25 lights
- Vehicles towing floats must be fully decorated.
- Floats must be built on a trailer no smaller than four feet by eight feet’ and must follow the theme of the parade.
- Walkers accompanying floats must be kept to a minimum and dressed in holiday attire or a uniform (and lights).
- All horses must include clean up personnel and will be located at the end of the parade.
- No candy can be thrown from any entry during the parade due to safety issues of doing a nighttime parade. Please abide by this rule. Walkers can hand out candy along the route.
- The parade organizers will provide the only Santa and Mrs. Claus in the parade.
- At check-in you will be provided a number, please place this number in the front right windshield of the vehicle for proper identification at the grandstand.
- All floats must carry a fire extinguisher and no open flames will be allowed on floats.
- Due to the growing popularity of the parade, please limit entries to two per organization.
We reserve the right to refuse participation of any entry deemed inappropriate or if the entry does not comply with the stated rules.
The parade route will begin on 8th Street on the campus of APSU. From 8th Street, floats will proceed to College and then to University and begin following the same route as years past going around Public Square, then around the Historic Courthouse and back to Franklin. From Franklin Street, turn onto 8th Street, back onto the Campus.