All Permit Applications can either be mailed with a copy of identification, and payment to:
City of Clarksville
P.O. Box 928
Clarksville, TN 37041
Come into our office located in the First Floor of the City Hall Building located:
One Public Square
Clarksville, TN 37040
This is a business that engages in a temporary or transient business either in one location or traveling from place to place buying or selling goods, wares, or merchandise. Examples are food trucks, crafts, ice cream trucks, and produce (farmer) sells, etc.
- Must complete the Transient Vendor Application to include all employees that will work for the business.
- Must have permission of the property owner to be on the property
- Food trucks must have an inspection by Clarksville Fire and Rescue.
- For City Parks and Recreation property an additional permit must be obtained through their office
- Fees: Non-refundable fee of $165 for the permit and is due at time of application.
- Initial Application $250.00
- Renewal $150.00
- Late fee $50.00
- Registered Manager Investigation fee $50.00 each
Items to include with application:
- Copy of individual applicant’s state or federal identification card
- Proof of property ownership
- Proof of right to possession of the premises (copy of lease)
- Sketch/diagram of licensed premises (include entrances, exits, parking)
- Copy of valid Tennessee Sales Tax Permit
- Copy of valid general business license, as may be required by law
- Detailed security plan
- Detailed emergency evacuation plan
This permit is for an individual who goes business to business and/or residence to residence taking orders for sale of merchandise or services for future delivery.
- Must complete the Solicitor Application for each solicitor
- The permit does not give the solicitor permission to go on to posted "No Trespassing / No Soliciting property.
- Fees: Non-refundable fee of $165 for the permit and is due at the time of application.
Small Cell Application
- First time application $200.00
- $110.00 for the first five small wireless facilities
- $55.00 for 6-20 additional small wireless facilities
*If you are needing more than 20 facilities you will need to start another application with any additional facilities.
- Flame resistance certificate
- State fireworks permit
- Sales & Use Tax
- Business License (City limits only)
- Insurance-Certificate of liability insurance
Fees: $400 per tent
There is no Application to fill out, mail in or drop off all required documents.
Short-term Rental Unit Permit
Short-term rentals are properties that are listed and booked through a hosting platform for consideration and for less than 30 days at a time.
A short-term rental permit is not required for any of the following individuals:
- individuals who operate only one short-term rental unit
- individuals who operate and list only one single room as a short-term rental unit in a dwelling unit that is owner occupied
- individuals who operate a short-term rental unit for less than six (6) months out of any calendar year
- Must complete the Short-term Rental Unit permit application completely.
- Provide proof of ownership (ex. Deed)
- Provide proof of insurance
- Provide proof that all property taxes are paid
- Provide a City and County business license.
- Fees: Non-refundable fee of $150 for the permit and is due at the time of application.